Wednesday 10 February 2016

Beginnings

Well I've been knitting a lot over the past few months, I plan on putting up pictures of completed projects, as well as linking the patterns. I am no where near creating my own patterns, so unless I become extra creative, all the projects I work on will be patterns from other people.

The most recent site I have been using to find patterns is ravelry.com as there is a huge range of patterns and other knitters that range from the simple and quick, to the complicated and, for me anyways, utterly terrifying. I also receive a daily email from allfreeknitting.com, with a selection of new and popular patterns.

So my most recent finished knit, was a scarf pattern from a Raveler called Turvid. It's called the One Row Lace Scarf, and was super simple and quick to complete. I used Stylecraft Twilight DK yarn, in Ruby, and 5.5mm needles.





Once it was finished I linked the ends with a twist, and because it's nice and stretchy, it is currently being used as a neck warmer!

My current pattern is by Raveler PurlSoho, called the Summer Shimmer Scarf, again, it's fairly simple (although I did have a few false starts to begin with), and hopefully will be finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment